I love being elsewhere. But just being elsewhere doesn’t make you a traveler. I think when you explore to new places, it should be about being alone with yourself even if you’re not actually alone. Because we all need to take a break sometimes. I admit, I have been one of those people who just tend to follow trends just to be socially accepted that’s why I thought I love traveling where in fact, I just actually love to go somewhere different, to set foot outside my comfort zone, step away from home, and just want to see the world with my own eyes.
For my first seascape post, this is where I went last Sunday.
Piñahon Island — is located in province of Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga Peninsula, Philippines. It’s a haven of natural beauty that you can truly relax and enjoy where you can bask under the sun and enjoy the white sand beach.
The island is actually a 40 minutes to 1 hour ride from our house where 15 minutes of it is a pump boat ride from the Libay pier.
It has not been fully developed yet but it’s really a perfect place to escape with your friends.
How to get here (from Dipolog City):
- Ride a bus from Dipolog Terminal to Sibutad – Php60.00/head
- Ride a habal-habal from Poblacion Sibutad to Libay Pier – Php100.00/habal-habal (maximum of two persons)
- Pump boat fare from Libay to Piñahon Island – Php600.00 per boat (maximum of 10 persons)
- Entrance Fee – Php20.00 per head
- Cottage rental rages from 100-500 pesos.
It’s cheaper if you bring your own food so, I suggest that you buy a fresh fish or any meat you can grilled and everything that you need on the island at Dipolog City.